Learning Goal: I’m working on a english discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Experts tell us that it is important to prepare in advance for an interview.
Prompt #1: Find an article that offers practical advice about preparing for job interviews. In sharing your article, do not copy and paste from the article. In your own words, summarize the practical advice in the article and then add your own experience to what the experts say. Be sure to include the source of the article so that we can retrieve it ourselves to read further.
Later in the week, we will start preparing for the Week 7 Recorded Interview assignment by responding to Prompt #2.
Prompt #2: Select one General Interview Question and one Behavioral Interview Question from the list below and write the question and your response into a second post. Or, post your audio or video response in the discussion.
General Interview Questions:
- What are your strengths?
- What areas are you working to improve?
- What motivates you to get the job done?
- Share how previous supervisors and colleagues would describe you.
- What do you see as the biggest challenge you would need to overcome in this position within your first 90 days?
- How would you rate your organizational skills?
- How do you respond to stressful situations?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why should we hire you?
Behavioral Interview Questions:
- Describe a time when you were creative in solving a problem.
- Describe a time when you worked effectively under pressure.
- Tell me about a time when you persuaded a colleague to see things your way.
- Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue with a coworker.
- Describe a time when you were forced to make an unpopular decision.
- Describe a time when you were disappointed in your own behavior.
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.
- Tell me about a time when you were not able to complete a project on time.
- Describe a time when you set your sights too high.
- Describe a time when you delegated a project successfully.