Creative Writing Question
Now that you have taken several career assessments, it is time to start analyzing and reflecting what you have learned thus far from the assessments and it’s time to start researching careers in greater depth.
For your mid-term, you will need to write a 3-5-page paper where you have the opportunity to summarize what you learned from the assessments you took, and to summarize what you learned about the 3 careers you researched for this assignment.
Your mid-term should:
- Address the questions listed below in part one and part two.
- Be written in essay form
- Be a minimum of 3-pages and a maximum of 5- pages. I will only grade up to 5-pages.
- Be written in an academic essay format (Introduction, Multiple Paragraphs, and Conclusion) and include references from your assessment results and career findings from O*Net, The Bureau of Labor Statistics, and/or Eureka.
- Be written grammatically correct and not in “text lingo”.
Part One: Career Assessments- Analysis
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
- List and explain your three highest themes from your Strong Interest Inventory report (page 3 of your SII report).
- After reading through your Strong Interest Inventory Profile report, tell me about your thoughts. Do you agree or disagree with the results? Explain why or why not.
- What were your top three interest areas (pg. 10 on the SII report)? Do you agree or disagree with the interest area results?
- What information did you learn from the Strong Interest Inventory assessment that you may apply to your career exploration process?
- What did you find the most helpful/least helpful from your Strong Interest Inventory assessment report?
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII), True Colors, and Microskills
- What commonalities did you find between the three career assessments (SII, True Colors, and Microskills)? What differences did you find? Which assessment did you find to be the most helpful in your career exploration process, and why? Please explain by providing examples.
Part Two: Career Exploration- Analysis
To conduct your research, I ask that you use at least one of the three resources listed below:
The information on these websites are current and accurate.
- Choose and list three occupations suggested to you on any of the career assessment results that you would consider pursuing. Why did you choose these three occupations?
- What did you learn about these three careers and what do these careers have in common with your needs, interests, personality, intelligence, values, or skills? Use the online career resources (e.g., BLS, O*NET, Eureka) to assist you in gathering the facts.
- Read over the tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, work context, job zone, education, interests, work styles, work values, related occupations, wages & employment of the careers you researched and elaborate on why you feel the 3 careers you chose to research would be a good fit for you. Remember to provide specific examples for each career that you have researched.