Communication Management with Technology Tools
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, Chapter 3 of the course textbook. Additionally, visit the Hofstede Insights (Links to an external site.) website and continue to explore national cultural dimensions. You will choose two countries from this website to compare and contrast in terms of cultural dimensions.
It is difficult in some countries, if not outright banned, for men to work for women. Cultural differences like this complicate working outside one’s culture.
In your paper,
- Explain the most significant areas where the countries are similar and different according to Hofstede’s cultural orientation model.
- Identify two issues that could arise in terms of Hofstede’s cultural dimensions from your two countries attempting to work together.
- Analyze how communication technology can be utilized to bridge communication between cultures.
For additional guidance on writing compare and contrast papers see the Writing Center’s resource Compare & Contrast Assignments (Links to an external site.).
The Technology and International Communication paper,
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five scholarly or credible sources in addition to the course text. Blogs are not sufficient credible sources.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for this assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- For further assistance with your library research, see the Advanced Search Techniques tip sheet (Links to an external site.).
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.