STAT 211 Statistics in the media
Learning Goal: I’m working on a statistics multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
We hear and see statistics in the media all the time. Examples include statistics about crime rates, children killed by handguns, pool drownings, people struck by lightning, and causes of car accidents.
Locate an article that provides statistics on an issue of your choice. Respond to the following questions in a paper.
- What is the article trying to say?
- What are the key statistics cited?
- Is there enough statistical evidence to support the author’s conclusions?
- Do you think that the author overstated the issue?
- How do you think the statistics used in the article impact perception of the issue?
Your paper should be two double-spaced pages. Use current APA formatting to cite your sources.