Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
For this Discussion, your instructor will assign you a case number.
|Cases||J.R. is a nurse practitioner in a clinic on a large, isolated Indian reservation. The clients in his community have a disproportionately high rate of alcoholism and suicide. Poverty is widespread.
He believes the most important component of his job is to promote wellness among his clients. J.R. reaches out to the people of the community by providing wellness clinics and educational forums. He uses a holistic approach to health care, incorporating traditional Indian healing practices along with Western medicine.
|Questions for the case||Do you think is appropriate that J.R. is adapting his practice incorporating traditional Indian healing practices along with Western medicine? Support your answer with evidence base practice recommendation.|
Once you received your case number; answer the specific question on the table above. Then, continue to discuss the 3 topics listed below for your case:
- Do you think is appropriate that J.R. is adapting his practice incorporating traditional Indian healing practices along with Western medicine? Support your answer with evidence base practice recommendation.
- An effective health assessment incorporates not only physiological parameters; please suggest other parameters that should be considered and included on health assessments to reach maximal health potential on individuals.
- Name the different family developmental stages and give examples of each one.
- Describe family structure and function and the relationship with health care.
- Your instructor will assign you your case number and you will post on the case number you have been assigned.
- You will reply to the other two case studies (One of each).
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources