UNIT2 discussion msw 500
Learning Goal: I’m working on a social work discussion question and need a reference to help me learn.
It is anticipated that the initial discussion post should be in the range of 250-300 words. Response posts to peers have no minimum word requirement but must demonstrate topic knowledge and scholarly engagement with peers. Substantive content is imperative for all posts. All discussion prompt elements for the topic must be addressed. Please proofread your response carefully for grammar and spelling. Do not upload any attachments unless specified in the instructions. All posts should be supported by a minimum of one scholarly resource, ideally within the last 5 years. Journals and websites must be cited appropriately. Citations and references must adhere to APA format.
Students are expected to address the initial discussion question by Wednesday of each week. Participation in the discussion forum requires a minimum of three (3) substantive postings (this includes your initial post and posting to two peers) on three (3) different days. Substantive means that you add something new to the discussion supported with citation(s) and reference(s), you are not just agreeing. This is also a time to ask questions or offer information surrounding the topic addressed by your peers. Personal experience is appropriate for a substantive discussion, however should be correlated to the literature.
All discussion boards will be evaluated utilizing rubric criterion inclusive of content, analysis, collaboration, writing and APA. If you fail to post an initial discussion or initial discussion is late, you will not receive points for content and analysis, you may however post to your peers for partial credit following the guidelines above.
Please view the following videos as you prepare to provide an explanation of the HIBSE theories reviewed for this stage of the life cycle.
Please complete the following steps for your discussion post:
- Describe what is occurring in these videos and Compare and Contrast Piaget’s stages of Cognitive Development vs. Erikson’s Psychosocial Theory of development.
- Explain your understanding of these theories in this stage of life.
- How does schemata and accommodation interplay in this stage of life particularly after viewing this video?
- In reviewing what you have learned thus far in the course, in your opinion how can trauma impact this stage of development?
- Provide an example.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Your initial response is due by Wednesday at 11:59 pm CT.
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Respond to at least two other student’s postings with substantive comments.
- What are some similarities in both your selection and peer selection? What are some differences?
- What was most interesting about your peer’s selection?
- What have you learned from your fellow peers’ response? Identify at least one key take-away.
- Substantive comments add to the discussion and provide your fellow peers with information that will enhance the learning environment.
- Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format and materials located in the course shell.
- Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.
All peer responses are due by Sunday at 11:59 pm CT.